Removed the leaf springs from the car and install temporary
blocks instead. There are a lot of sharp edges on the spring
stiffeners; so I used the grinding / wire wheel to remove the
edges. I removed the spring eye bolts one at a time, and installed
the stiffeners using the new bolts supplied. The stiffener's
fell right into place with out any large hammer's required.
Prep and Painted the spring assemblies, I painted mine a Semi-Gloss
Black, as I will be pin stripping them later.
Installed the spring assemblies onto the car. The car now sits
about 1.5" taller and is much stiffer than before. I can
barely get any compression when I sit on the car, as before
they almost went flat. There should be more than enough support
now when the car is completed and full with 2 passengers.
I then spent several nights applying the pin stripping and some
nut covers to match the ones I used on the chassis.
This modification is an easy fix and it doesn't look bad either.
A good save by the engineers at ModelWorks.
pictures to enlarge
One and Two
Three and Four Kits
Four-B and Five
Kits Six and Eight
Eight Kit Nine
Kit Ten Kit
Ten Addendum Kit Eleven
Kit Twelve Kit
Thirteen Kit Fourteen
Year End Kit
Kits Seventeen / Eighteen
Fuel Line, Brake &
Throttle Pedal Installation Final
Kit Final Assembly
& Steam Up
Road Test & Modifications